We know how.
Real Customers. Real Stories.
Payment Transaction Platform for Large Customers
Case Study Payment Transactions
One of the largest retail banks in the Republic of Austria. It has about 300 branches with about 8,000 employees.
An international retail company needs a single platform to integrate existing points of sale into a single system. It is necessary to develop a unified interface for communication with the bank to provide financing, as well as payments for large and small household appliances.
Support/improvements of existing bank ecosystem (COBOL/IMB AS400) and step-by-step switching to modern micro-services architecture (JAVA EE).
The bank’s IT department, together with Specific-Group, developed a flexible platform that simplifies the accounting and processing of payment transactions received from external customers - small and medium-sized retail companies. Features of the new platform include:
- Integration mit den eBanking-Channels der Banken
- Integration with e-Banking channels of the bank
- Integration with external back-end systems via MQ, MQFTE, and secure FT
- Support for bidirectional message exchange between customer and bank for credit transfers, direct debits, feedback, and statements
- Support for ISOXML 20022, including full support of SEPA-compliant messaging and country-specific standards (CGI, EPC, APC, etc.)
- SWIFT FIN support (MT101, MT104, MT94x)
- Support for account statements (MT94x and CAMT)
- Support of standard formats (e.g. EDIFACT, SAP iDOC, MT101, etc.